Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wow... Things are coming together...

We met with the folks from West Ridge Church yesterday. The Back to School event is going to be great. We want to reach 1000 kids with new back packs and school supplies. I want this to be fun for the kids. I want them to know they are special.

Things have started to come together so unexpectedly.
For instance:
We need a lot of back packs. I mean a lot! I was worried on how we would afford the back packs. A friend from church, Ms. Gretchen Haight, called out of the blue on Friday. Her friend, Tytus McBride sold us 115 back packs for $2.50 each. These are nice backpacks.

Mr. McBride has worked out a great deal for this event. We will be able to purchase a new back pack and all the new school supplies for the back pack. We also hope to include new socks and undies. This cost is $25.00. You can sponsor a back pack by sending $25.00 to A Fresh Hope, 1597 Grandwood Trail, Acworth, GA 30101. You are welcome to write a note of encouragement that will be placed in the back pack you sponsor. You can also pay via Paypal at jeffrey.gilcrease@paypal.com.


I have set up an office in the basement and started filling back packs. I went shopping a couple of times this week. I have an inventory of incoming and outgoing started.

No comments: