Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fish Kid fo the Month

Fish Kid of the Month

Waverly Gilcrease of Acworth, GA

Waverly is a 10 yr old who has started a non-profit foundation called A Fresh Hope (www.afreshhope.com). She is collecting back packs, school supplies, toiletry items and possibly shoes for 500 children. Wavelry wants to provide a fresh start on the outside so hope begins on the inside. She has a true heart for sharing God's blessings. Waverly has collected and distributed more than 1000 back packs and supplies by her goal date! She is already working on donations for a Christmas event. She wants to have a coat/toy drive at Christmas to follow-thru with the same children.

Waverly says, "My first dream was that I wanted to change the world. I wanted to make the world a better place for someone. I wanted to build houses for homeless people. I then realized that kids can make a difference by starting small and then growing into something really big."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's cool

Anonymous said...

It's me Brandon sizemore I sent the post my nickname is bookey